- the body of fellows in a college or university.
- the position or emoluments of a fellow of a college or university, or the sum of money he or she receives.
- a foundation for the maintenance of a fellow in a college or university.
verb (used with object), fel·low·shipped or fel·low·shiped, fel·low·ship·ping or fel·low·ship·ing.
verb (used without object), fel·low·shipped or fel·low·shiped, fel·low·ship·ping or fel·low·ship·ing.
THINK YOU’VE GOT A HANDLE ON THIS US STATE NICKNAME QUIZ?
Example sentences from the Web for fellowship
He received a medical degree from the University of Illinois College of Medicine in 1949, when he was 22, eventually undertaking a fellowship in hematology.Emil Freireich, a pioneer of chemotherapy and a ‘towering figure in oncology,’ dies at 93|Emily Langer|February 4, 2021|Washington Post
Gorman applied for a fellowship through another organization.Amanda Gorman learned the power of poetry early on|Los Angeles Times|February 1, 2021|Washington Post
The American Folklife Center will support up to 10 individuals a year for three years with fellowships of $50,000 to work in their communities.Library of Congress gets $15 million to diversify partners, collections|Peggy McGlone|January 27, 2021|Washington Post
The pandemic has demanded a new form of civic-mindedness from citizens who see it as their duty to protect each other by wearing masks, maintaining physical distance and sacrificing fellowship right now for the greater good down the road.Did Warner Bros. just kill movie theaters? Not by a long shot.|Ann Hornaday|December 4, 2020|Washington Post
It’s a social club — we’re all about fellowship and good will.Joseph diGenova resigns from Gridiron Club after saying fired cybersecurity official should be shot|Elahe Izadi|December 3, 2020|Washington Post
British Dictionary definitions for fellowship
- mutual trust and charitableness between Christians
- a Church or religious association
- a financed research post providing study facilities, privileges, etc, often in return for teaching services
- a foundation endowed to support a postgraduate research student
- an honorary title carrying certain privileges awarded to a postgraduate student