- a combining form meaning “fiber,” used in the formation of compound words: fibrolite.
Also especially before a vowel, fibr-.
Origin of fibro-
combining form representing Latin fibra fiber
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- short for fibrocement
- (as modifier)a fibro shack
- a house built of fibrocement
- indicating fibrous tissuefibroin; fibrosis
- indicating fibrefibrocement
from Latin fibra fibre
- Fiber, especially fibrous tissue:fibrocyst.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.