- resembling fiber or fibrous tissue.
- composed of fibers, as a tumor.
Origin of fibroid
Related Words for fibroidhairy, coarse, muscular, sinewy, wiry, woody, pulpy, threadlike, fibroid, ropy, stalky
Examples from the Web for fibroid
Historical Examples of fibroid
From furuncle, abscess, and sebaceous, fatty and fibroid tumors.Essentials of Diseases of the Skin
Henry Weightman Stelwagon
These diseases range from neuralgia and "nerves" to (in women) fibroid growths.Married Love
Marie Carmichael Stopes
There are two varieties of these—the gelatinoid or soft, and the fibroid or firm.
Women with fibroid tumors are particularly likely to suffer from it.Psychotherapy
James J. Walsh
It may be the result of injury or is associated with pregnancy or a fibroid.
- anatomy (of structures or tissues) containing or resembling fibres
- a benign tumour, composed of fibrous and muscular tissue, occurring in the wall of the uterus and often causing heavy menstruation
- Composed of or resembling fibers or fibrous tissue.
- A fibroma or myoma occurring especially one that occurs in the uterine wall.
- A benign tumor composed of fibrous or muscle tissue, especially one that develops in the uterus.