- extending to the fingertips, as a coat, veil, etc.: a fingertip jacket.
- at one's fingertips,
- close at hand; easily or immediately available.
- at one's command or disposal, as recall of factual information: He has the answer at his fingertips.
- to one's fingertips, thoroughly; perfectly: She was a politician to her fingertips.
Origin of fingertip
Examples from the Web for fingertip
Contemporary Examples of fingertip
LaLanne was well-known for his many workouts, including the Jumping Jack (named after him) and the fingertip push-up.Fitness Guru Jack LaLanne's 7 Best Moments
The Daily Beast Video
January 25, 2011
Historical Examples of fingertip
For all apparent purposes it was like having a lightning bolt in your fingertip.Deathworld
He placed his fingertip on the large circle, and said, "Heat star!"
Blumberg smiled at the other, and tapped his own head three times with his fingertip.
The normal nail should extend to an even level with the fingertip.Pedagogical Anthropology
Colonel Fraser paused to tamp down the tobacco in his pipe with a fingertip.Dave Dawson with the R.A.F
R. Sidney Bowen
- the end joint or tip of a finger
- another term for fingerstall
- at one's fingertips readily available and within one's mental grasp
Word Origin and History for fingertip
- The extreme end or tip of a finger.