- extending to the fingertips, as a coat, veil, etc.: a fingertip jacket.
- at one's fingertips,
- close at hand; easily or immediately available.
- at one's command or disposal, as recall of factual information: He has the answer at his fingertips.
- to one's fingertips, thoroughly; perfectly: She was a politician to her fingertips.
Origin of fingertip
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for fingertips
Beyond large bank accounts, Silicon Valley's leaders have massive audiences of people at their fingertips.Why Isn't Silicon Valley Doing More to Fight Ebola?
October 8, 2014
The solution could be right at your fingertips, with a simple tilt of a glass.Vessyl: A Smart Cup That Counts Liquid Calories
June 20, 2014
How we lived so long without their archives sitting readily at our fingertips is a mystery.This Week’s Hot Apps: Dec. 13, 2013
December 13, 2013
And well, you just can't have that much information at your fingertips and assume no one is watching or tracking it.Big Brother Is Watching, and People Don't Care
June 11, 2013
She clambered naked out a third-floor window and hung by her fingertips, intending to let herself drop into the bushes below.Cleveland Kidnapping, Anthony Sowell Case Linked by Indifferent Police
May 8, 2013
"Like herself—alive to the fingertips," he thought, and then he propped it against the pier-glass.The Christian
Dennison dug at the plate with his fingertips, but it would not come off.Forever
The finest music, the greatest books and art, all at your fingertips.Cost of Living
So, may I request you to withdraw your ray-guns with two fingertips and put them on the floor?The Affair of the Brains
She ran to it, and by raising herself on her toes was able to reach the shutter with her fingertips.Victory
- the end joint or tip of a finger
- another term for fingerstall
- at one's fingertips readily available and within one's mental grasp
Word Origin and History for fingertips
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper
- The extreme end or tip of a finger.
Idioms and Phrases with fingertips
see at one's fingertips.
The American Heritage® Idioms Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company.