- 1st Earl ofThomas Wentworth, 1593–1641, English statesman: chief adviser of Charles I of England.
- Thomas, 1st Earl of Strafford. Strafford, 1st Earl of.
- William Charles,1793–1872, Australian political leader, author, and journalist.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- Thomas. See (Earl of) Strafford
- William Charles. 1790–1872, Australian explorer and statesman who was a member of the exploring party that first crossed the Blue Mountains in 1813 and was later a leader in the movement for self-government in New South Wales
- Thomas Wentworth, Earl of. 1593–1641, English statesman. As lord deputy of Ireland (1632–39) and a chief adviser to Charles I, he was a leading proponent of the king's absolutist rule. He was impeached by Parliament and executed
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012