- a cheap, run-down hotel or rooming house.
- any shabby or low-grade public establishment.
- a worthless racehorse.
- a dog, especially one that is flea-ridden.
- a bed.
- a sleeping bag.
Origin of fleabag
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Related Words for fleabagtavern, house, motel, resort, inn, lodging, hostel, fleabag, dump, caravansary, hospice, spa, hostelry, flophouse, auberge, roadhouse
Examples from the Web for fleabag
Contemporary Examples of fleabag
The low pay, the poor lights, the fleabag hotels, the maniacal fans, the hopelessness of it all.The Great Paul Hemphill Celebrates the Long Gone Birmingham Barons
March 29, 2014
- British a dirty or unkempt person
- US a cheap or dirty hotel
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012