- moving in or as in a stream: flowing water.
- proceeding smoothly or easily; facile: flowing language.
- long, smooth, graceful, and without sudden interruption or change of direction: flowing lines; flowing gestures.
- hanging loosely at full length: flowing hair.
- abounding; having in excess: a land flowing with milk and honey.
Origin of flowing
Examples from the Web for flowingly
Historical Examples of flowingly
It reflects few of the German involutions, and reads smoothly and flowingly.In Blue Creek Caon
Anna Chapin Ray
"Yes; if one is off guard—careless," the captain assented, flowingly.Sandra Belloni, Complete
The waves dash, but not dashingly, the water flows, but not flowingly.The Art Of The Moving Picture
"Ink seems to have frozen up" means that her eyes are dim with tears, and no more she can write continuously and flowingly.
She walked as she spoke, flowingly, her step the perfect poetry of motion as her voice was the poetry of sound.A Volunteer with Pike
Robert Ames Bennet