- care or provision for the future; provident care; prudence.
- the act or power of foreseeing; prevision; prescience.
- an act of looking forward.
- knowledge or insight gained by or as by looking forward; a view of the future.
- a sight or reading taken on a forward point.
- (in leveling) a rod reading on a point the elevation of which is to be determined.
Origin of foresight
Synonyms for foresightSee more synonyms for on Thesaurus.com
Related Words for foresightednesscircumspection, sagacity, judgment, carefulness, wisdom, foresight, providence, preparedness, planning, discretion, forethought, caution, precaution, provident
Examples from the Web for foresightedness
Historical Examples of foresightedness
This single word impresses upon us the foresightedness with which he anticipates metaphysical doctrines of modern Germany.The Development of Metaphysics in Persia
His spirit of determination, his persistence, his foresightedness, seem to me the predominant traits in a well-rounded character.The Story of General Pershing
Everett T. (Everett Titsworth) Tomlinson
And with her customary cleverness and foresightedness she called him up at the hospital.From the Housetops
George Barr McCutcheon
- provision for or insight into future problems, needs, etc
- the act or ability of foreseeing
- the act of looking forward
- surveying a reading taken looking forwards to a new station, esp in levelling from a point of known elevation to a point the elevation of which is to be determinedCompare backsight
- the front sight on a firearm