- to express in precise form; state definitely or systematically: He finds it extremely difficult to formulate his new theory.
- to devise or develop, as a method, system, etc.
- to reduce to or express in a formula.
Origin of formulate
Synonyms for formulateSee more synonyms for on Thesaurus.com
Related Words for formulationmanagement, grouping, institution, system, manufacture, construction, manufacturing, formulation, formation, production, establishment, installation, inauguration, founding, definition, style, word, language, explanation, remark
Examples from the Web for formulation
Contemporary Examples of formulation
But their formulation includes some solicitations with educational material on it as money spent on programs.Wounded Warrior Project Under Fire
September 26, 2014
How many times have you heard some formulation of this viewpoint?Communism's Victims Deserve a Museum
August 25, 2014
The only problem with Obama's formulation is its implicit assumption that Iraqi leaders can simply choose to make up.How Iran and America Can Beat ISIS Together
Ben Van Heuvelen
June 21, 2014
In this formulation, Dr. Romney is about to operate on the American economy, and who cares if Barack Obama is a much cooler guy?Huckabee on Romney: If You Have Cancer, Who Cares if Your Surgeon Is a Jerk?
August 28, 2012
If we are realistic, this formulation probably will not happen in the next few years.A Three State Solution
May 3, 2012
Historical Examples of formulation
The final topic in the course is the formulation of a definition of economics.College Teaching
"Well, I don't care," said Louise, by no means displeased with the formulation.The Story of a Play
W. D. Howells
The formulation of the democratic creed which should justify it was still to come.A History of the United States
The various steps in the formulation of such a measure reviewed.The Settlement of Wage Disputes
"I don't think it's quite so modern as that formulation," the other friend questioned.Imaginary Interviews
W. D. Howells
- the act or process of formulating
- any mixture or substance prepared according to a particular formula
- a medicinal preparation administered in a specific form, such as a tablet, linctus, ointment, or injection
- to put into or express in systematic terms; express in or as if in a formula
- to devise