- overreadiness to push oneself forward; lack of appropriate modesty; presumption; boldness.
- cheerful readiness; promptness; eagerness.
- condition of being in advance.
Origin of forwardness
Examples from the Web for forwardness
Contemporary Examples of forwardness
It gives you the sense of the forwardness of history as well as the backwardness.Archbishop Pitches on Youtube For More Souls As He Prepares To Christen George
October 22, 2013
Something like (forgive my forwardness) “No representation without taxation.”How the Wall Street Protesters Win
October 14, 2011
Historical Examples of forwardness
Gilian was trembling and parched at the lips now, awake to the enormity of his forwardness.Gilian The Dreamer
Then, half-ashamed and startled at her forwardness, her gaze dropped.Patchwork
Anna Balmer Myers
At least I showed no forwardness; to that I was sworn, and adhered most obstinately.Simon Dale
Such was their forwardness on the 10th, that it was determined to summon the commandant.Southern Literature From 1579-1895
The ships in Cadiz are getting in forwardness to put to sea.
- lack of modesty; presumption; boldness
- willing readiness; eagerness
- a state or condition of advanced progress or development