[sfawrt-suh; Italian sfawr-tsah]
- Count Car·lo [kahr-law] /ˈkɑr lɔ/, 1873–1952, Italian statesman: anti-Fascist leader.
- Fran·ces·co [frahn-ches-kaw] /frɑnˈtʃɛs kɔ/, 1401–66, Italian condottiere and duke of Milan 1450–66.
- his fatherGia·co·muz·zo [jah-kaw-moo-tsaw] /ˌdʒɑ kɔˈmu tsɔ/or Mu·zio [moo-tsyaw] /ˈmu tsyɔ/, 1369–1424, Italian condottiere.
- Lo·do·vi·co [law-daw-vee-kaw] /ˌlɔ dɔˈvi kɔ/, the Moor, 1451–1508, duke of Milan 1494–1500 (son of Francesco Sforza).
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- Count Carlo (ˈkarlo). 1873–1952, Italian statesman; leader of the anti-Fascist opposition
- Francesco (franˈtʃesko). 1401–66, duke of Milan (1450–66)
- his father Giacomuzzo (dʒakoˈmuttso) or Muzio (ˈmuttsjo), original name Attendolo. 1369–1424, Italian condottiere and founder of the dynasty that ruled Milan (1450–1535)
- Lodovico (lodoˈviːko), called the Moor. 1451– 1508, duke of Milan (1494–1500), but effective ruler from 1480; patron of Leonardo da Vinci
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012