- Also Fran·co·phon·ic [frang-kuh-fon-ik] /ˌfræŋ kəˈfɒn ɪk/. speaking French, especially as a member of a French-speaking population.
- a person who speaks French, especially a native speaker.
Origin of Francophone
Examples from the Web for francophone
Contemporary Examples of francophone
She covers politics, culture, the environment and human rights in Francophone and Anglophone West Africa for the Voice of America.A Strongman's Last Stand
Julia L. Ritchey
April 5, 2011
ReferQuest isn't technically a matchmaking site, unless you're trying to match a Francophone nanny to your five-year-old.Online Dating Just Got Weirder
Laura Van Straaten
February 13, 2009
- a person who speaks French, esp a native speaker
- speaking French as a native language
- using French as a lingua franca