- act of fructifying; the fruiting of a plant, fungus, etc.
- the fruit itself.
- the organs of fruiting; fruiting body.
Origin of fructification
Related Words for fructificationmanufacture, management, construction, manufacturing, bearing, generation, creation, rendering, assembly, giving, presentation, direction, return, protraction, origination, provision, fabrication, prolongation, elongation, yielding
Examples from the Web for fructification
Historical Examples of fructification
Fourthly, the position of the head which the nature of fructification requires.Modern Painters Volume II (of V)
The object of this rite is the fructification of all seeds known to the Hopi.Archeological Expedition to Arizona in 1895
Jesse Walter Fewkes
It is very true that saps ascend for fructification; but what is this fructification, to which you allude?The Monikins
J. Fenimore Cooper
This, in a few words, is the main general character of the fructification.Ancient Plants
Marie C. Stopes
Most of the mosses produce their fructification in the winter and spring.An Elementary Text-book of the Microscope
John William Griffith
- the act or state of fructifying
- the fruit of a seed-bearing plant
- any spore-bearing structure in ferns, mosses, fungi, etc
- The producing of fruit by an angiosperm.
- A seed-bearing or spore-bearing structure.