- Erle Stanley [url] /ɜrl/, 1889–1970, U.S. writer of detective stories.
- Dame Helen (Louise),1908–86, British educator and literary critic.
- Isabella Stewart,1840–1924, U.S. art collector.
- John (Champ·lin, Jr.) [champ-lin] /ˈtʃæmp lɪn/, 1933–82, U.S. novelist and critic.
- John W(illiam),1912–2002, U.S. educator and author: Secretary of Health, Education, and Welfare 1965–68.
- a city in N Massachusetts.
- a male given name: from an Old French word meaning “gardener.”
Examples from the Web for gardner
Contemporary Examples of gardner
Media reports confirm that Gardner made a significant pitch to Hispanic voters in both English and Spanish.Latinos Aren’t a ‘Cheap Date’ for Democrats Anymore
Ruben Navarrette Jr.
November 11, 2014
Gardner now becomes the model—and his campaign the template—for how to win purple states.For Conservatives, Liberal Tears Taste Sweet
November 5, 2014
When Gardner goes to Washington, will he reclaim his Tea Party roots and join hands with Texas Senator Ted Cruz?A GOP Star Rises in Colorado, Beats Udall
November 5, 2014
In Colorado, Gardner too comes across as likeable, apparently a new thing for conservatives.With Ernst and Gardner, Republicans Think They’ve Found the Formula
November 4, 2014
At the moment, while the latest polls show Gardner with the overall lead, women voters in Colorado favor Udall.Women Voters Haunted by the GOP's Tricks
October 31, 2014
Historical Examples of gardner
Gardner broke into protestations of Pitt's health, youth, and vigour.
Captain Gardner, recognizing the finality of the tone, sighed and yielded.
Gardner not only gave a list of grievances, but suggested measures to reform them.Bygone Punishments
Then I will give her plenty of time to consider matters, Mr. Gardner.
Then Fred told what Mr. Gardner had related to him about the gold left by Stults.
- Ava. 1922–90, US film actress. Her films include The Killers (1946), The Sun also Rises (1957), and The Night of the Iguana (1964)