- an estuary in SW France, formed by the junction of the Garonne and Dordogne rivers. 45 miles (72 km) long.
- a department in SW France. 4141 sq. mi. (10,725 sq. km). Capital: Bordeaux.
- the Gironde, the party of the Girondists.
Examples from the Web for gironde
Historical Examples of gironde
It is from there down to the mouth of the Gironde that their cruisers are so thick.
Until November last Bordeaux, and indeed the whole of the Gironde, was moderate.
The most important group in the new chamber were the deputies from the Gironde.Critical Miscellanies (Vol. 1 of 3)
The hero is an inhabitant of the Gironde and not a member of the party which bore that name.
The action moves from a town in the Gironde to the frontiers.
- a department of SW France, in Aquitaine region. Capital: Bordeaux. Pop: 1 330 683 (2003 est). Area: 10 726 sq km (4183 sq miles)
- an estuary in SW France, formed by the confluence of the Rivers Garonne and Dordogne. Length: 72 km (45 miles)