- the essential being of God; the Supreme Being.
- the Holy Trinity of God the Father, Christ the Son, and the Holy Ghost.
- (lowercase) divinity; godhood.
- (lowercase) Rare. a god or goddess; deity.
Origin of Godhead
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for godhead
The Trinity had, so to speak, come between me and the Godhead.The Conquest of Fear
Do you mean that I do not believe in the godhead of the sun or moon, like other men?Apology
With the creature we cannot come into contact with the Godhead—but with the soul only.
This new consciousness, this new worship, this new love is for the Godhead.
Nor did it content the Godhead merely to watch over the interests of man's body.The Memorabilia
- the essential nature and condition of being God
- the Godhead God
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Word Origin and History for godhead
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper