- a workshop for grinding edge tools.
- a shoemaker's or leatherworker's material and equipment.
- a shop where such material and equipment may be purchased.
Origin of grindery
Examples from the Web for grindery
Historical Examples of grindery
It is much used by shoe-makers; and is sold at the grindery, or leather shops.
Procure some inch French nails, or inch rivets; the former at the ironmonger's; the latter at the grindery shops.
For this purpose have a supply of 1⁄2-inch rivets; they may be purchased at the grindery shops for about 5d.
This grindery is located, in an Irish neighborhood, and there used to be a great number of Irish children thereabouts.Dealings With The Dead
A Sexton of the Old School
- a place in which tools and cutlery are sharpened
- the equipment of a shoemaker