- a city in and the capital of Jalisco, in W Mexico.
- a state in W Mexico. 31,152 sq. mi. (80,685 sq. km). Capital: Guadalajara.
Examples from the Web for guadalajara
Contemporary Examples of guadalajara
His parents left Guadalajara, Mexico, with no papers just before he was born in Los Angeles.Freedom From Fear for Dreamer Kids
November 24, 2014
Sister networks formed in cities like Juarez, Chihuahua and Guadalajara.Mexican Journalists Speak Out on Reporter Murders
June 17, 2014
Last year at the International Book Fair of Guadalajara, Peña Nieto, then a candidate, embarrassed himself while campaigning.Mexico: Allegations of Fraud Follow Peña Nieto
November 30, 2012
In December 2011, at a book fair in Guadalajara called the FIL, Peña Nieto said one of his favorite books was The Eagle's Throne.Mexico’s Telenovela President: Enrique Peña Nieto’s Saga of Scandal, Gaffes, and Connections
July 3, 2012
Historical Examples of guadalajara
I was escorted to my hotel and thence to a dawn train for Guadalajara.
The Plaza is still the parlor in Guadalajara and it's enchanting!
The city next in importance to the capital is Guadalajara, in the State of Jalisco.Mexico
Charles Reginald Enock
You will say to him, 'Guadalajara,' and give him these letters.The Crusade of the Excelsior
Any fool knows how far it is from Guadalajara to the Long Trestle.The Octopus
- a city in W Mexico, capital of Jalisco state: the second largest city of Mexico: centre of the Indian slave trade until its abolition, declared here in 1810; two universities (1792 and 1935). Pop: 3 905 000 (2005 est)
- a city in central Spain, in New Castile. Pop: 70 732 (2003 est)
- a state of W Mexico, on the Pacific: crossed by the Sierra Madre; valuable mineral resources. Capital: Guadalajara. Pop: 6 321 278 (2000). Area: 80 137 sq km (30 934 sq miles)
City in southwestern Mexico.