- the act or function of guiding; leadership; direction.
- advice or counseling, especially that provided for students choosing a course of study or preparing for a vocation.
- supervised care or assistance, especially therapeutic help in the treatment of minor emotional disturbances.
- something that guides.
- the process by which the flight of a missile or rocket may be altered in speed and direction in response to controls situated either wholly in the projectile or partly at a base.
Origin of guidance
Synonyms for guidance
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Related Words for guidancesdirection, management, intelligence, advice, instruction, supervision, leadership, teaching, navigation, control, help, government, conveyance, conduct, auspices, conduction
- leadership, instruction, or direction
- counselling or advice on educational, vocational, or psychological matters
- (as modifier)the marriage-guidance counsellor
- something that guides
- any process by which the flight path of a missile is controlled in flightSee also guided missile
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper