- one of a series of short parallel lines drawn on a map to indicate topographic relief.
- shading composed of such lines.
- Also hatch. to indicate or shade by hachures.
Origin of hachure
Examples from the Web for hachured
Historical Examples of hachured
The pottery designs of this period were often hachured patterns, with the thin filling lines surrounded by heavier boundary lines.Aztec Ruins National Monument--New Mexico
John M. Corbett
The hachured hills are based upon contours, and are of admirable commensurability.
The hills are hachured and in some instances contours at intervals of 50 metres are introduced.
The hills are hachured, the light, in the case of the loftier regions, being supposed to fall obliquely.
- hatchingSee hatch 3
- shading of short lines drawn on a relief map to indicate gradients
- (tr) to mark or show by hachures