- a half-breed.
- a person who has only one parent in common with another person, as a half sister or half brother.
Origin of half-blood
- the relation between persons having only one common parent.
Origin of half blood
Related Words for half-bloodcombination, amalgam, bastard, mixture, cur, hybrid, cross, mutt, half-breed, crossbreed, mule, compound, mongrel, miscegenation, half-caste, half-blood, mestizo, incross, outcross
Examples from the Web for half-blood
Contemporary Examples of half-blood
Historical Examples of half-blood
As a half-blood gypsy tinker he must have been self-contained and pleasant.The Gypsies
Charles G. Leland
That the stranger was a half-blood could be seen at a glance.Frank Merriwell Down South
Burt L. Standish
The urging of the half-blood was in vain, and he was forced to give it up.
The half-blood said nothing, but he and his companions were beginning to finger their weapons.
The horses were tethered near the cabin, and a half-blood Indian was watching them.
- the relationship between individuals having only one parent in common
- an individual having such a relationship
- a less common name for a half-breed
- a half-blooded domestic animal