- a contemptuous term used to refer to a person of mixed racial or ethnic descent.
- a contemptuous term used to refer to a person of mixed European and Hindu or European and Muslim parentage.
- a contemptuous term used to refer to a person descended from parents of two different social strata.
- of or relating to a half-caste.
Origin of half-caste
Related Words for half-castecombination, amalgam, bastard, cross, compound, half-breed, mongrel, miscegenation, half-caste, crossbreed, mule, cur, hybrid, mestizo, half-blood, incross, outcross
Examples from the Web for half-caste
Contemporary Examples of half-caste
You hear more people using the words "mixed-race" than "half-caste" here.Barack Obama's Irish Roots
April 14, 2011
Historical Examples of half-caste
In 1856 the gala days of this half-caste people were quite over.Dr. Sevier
George W. Cable
Later on I let it go for a tenth of its value to a Dutch half-caste.'Twixt Land & Sea
She was very beautiful and imposing,” he reflected, “but after all a half-caste girl.
There used to be a half-caste woman in my house, but she is going even now.
Schomberg said there was a place kept by a Portuguese half-caste.Victory
- a person having parents of different races, esp the offspring of a European and an Indian
- of, relating to, or designating such a person