- of or relating to the former ruling house of Hanover.
- a supporter of the house of Hanover.
Origin of Hanoverian
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for hanoverian
Before supper I spoke to the duchess about the poor Hanoverian.The Memoires of Casanova, Complete
Jacques Casanova de Seingalt
I should be sorry to have to shoot so distinguished a follower of Hanoverian George.In the King's Name
George Manville Fenn
For hunting, use the first; if the Hanoverian it should not be too narrow.
These small sailing vessels we see are from the Hanoverian and Danish coasts.A Tramp's Wallet
My father was as fervent a Hanoverian as I was and still am.Yule Logs
- of, relating to, or situated in Hannover
- of or relating to the princely house of Hanover or to the monarchs of England or their reigns from 1714 to 1901
- a member or supporter of the house of Hanover
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012