- of or relating to the sense of touch: the haptic sensation of holding a real book in your hands.
- Digital Technology. of or relating to tactile sensations and the sense of touch as a method of interacting with computers and electronic devices: smartphones that incorporate haptic feedback; haptic technology.
- Usually haptics. Digital Technology.
- a vibration or other tactile sensation received from a computer or electronic device: You can save power by adjusting the haptics and brightness of your phone.
- an input or output device that senses the body's movements by means of physical contact with the user: joysticks and other haptics.
Origin of haptic
Examples from the Web for haptic
Contemporary Examples of haptic
Simply tap on your own screen, and haptic feedback mechanisms in the watch will transfer the gesture to the wrist of your friend.Bigger, Bolder, and Better Than Ever: Steve Jobs Would Be Proud of Today's Apple
September 9, 2014
Haptic House is based on the concept of “sensory play,” which encourages children to look, listen, touch, and feel.World-Famous Architects Design Dollhouses For New Charity Project
November 1, 2013
But now I have to go find a haptic curator to do battle with.The Eyes Have It
March 5, 2013
- relating to or based on the sense of touch
Word Origin for haptic
"pertaining to the sense of touch," 1890, from Greek haptikos "able to come into contact with," from haptein "to fasten."
- Of or relating to the sense of touch; tactile.