- possessing or enjoying good health or a sound and vigorous mentality: a healthy body; a healthy mind.
- pertaining to or characteristic of good health, or a sound and vigorous mind: a healthy appearance; healthy attitudes.
- conducive to good health; healthful: healthy recreations.
- prosperous or sound: a healthy business.
- Informal. fairly large: I bought a healthy number of books.
Origin of healthy
Synonyms for healthySee more synonyms for on Thesaurus.com
Antonyms for healthy
Related Words for healthinesspink, prime, constitution, form, fettle, energy, euphoria, haleness, complexion, fitness, heartiness, bloom, hardihood, healthfulness, robustness, salubrity, hardiness, eupepsia, sh
Examples from the Web for healthiness
Historical Examples of healthiness
For without these considerations, the healthiness of a dwelling cannot be assured.Ten Books on Architecture
I have enough to do to maintain them in any healthiness when alone.The Works of Charles and Mary Lamb
There is a healthiness of feeling in this, Mr. Parley, which is quite delightful.'Peter Parley's Visit to London
The healthiness of Louisville is everywhere a subject of remark.
The advantages of this new route were healthiness and rapidity.The Thistle and the Cedar of Lebanon
Habeeb Risk Allah
- enjoying good health
- functioning well or being soundthe company's finances are not very healthy
- conducive to health; salutary
- indicating soundness of body or minda healthy appetite
- informal considerable in size or amounta healthy sum
It is wrong to say that certain articles of food are healthy or unhealthy. Wholesome and unwholesome are the right words. A pig may be healthy or unhealthy while alive; but after he is killed and becomes pork, he can enjoy no health, and suffer no sickness. [Eliza Leslie, "Miss Leslie's Behaviour Book," Philadelphia, 1839]
- Possessing good health.
- Conducive to good health; healthful.
- Indicative of sound, rational thinking or frame of mind.