- possessing or enjoying good health or a sound and vigorous mentality: a healthy body; a healthy mind.
- pertaining to or characteristic of good health, or a sound and vigorous mind: a healthy appearance; healthy attitudes.
- conducive to good health; healthful: healthy recreations.
- prosperous or sound: a healthy business.
- Informal. fairly large: I bought a healthy number of books.
Origin of healthy
Synonyms for healthySee more synonyms for on Thesaurus.com
Antonyms for healthy
Related Words for healthyvigorous, tough, normal, athletic, healthful, hearty, lively, fresh, active, robust, strong, able-bodied, blooming, chipper, firm, fit, flourishing, hale, hardy, husky
Examples from the Web for healthy
Contemporary Examples of healthy
The citizens of Stevens Point defeated fluoridation by a healthy margin.Anti-Fluoriders Are The OG Anti-Vaxxers
July 27, 2016
And more trivial modifications like altering bodily odors and promoting a healthy lifestyle.Design Your Own Dinosaur: The Era of Custom DNA
January 8, 2015
At present, not every woman is young enough, fertile enough, or healthy enough to have a baby using her own eggs or her own womb.Men Will Someday Have Kids Without Women
January 3, 2015
But self-doubt, while a healthy quality for human beings to have, is alas not a plus for politicians.Mario Cuomo: An OK Governor, but a Far Better Person
January 2, 2015
They just might change how they feel, how healthy they are, and how they live their lives.Why Your New Year’s Diet Will Fail
December 30, 2014
Historical Examples of healthy
Now, that's healthy doin's fur a two-fisted Christian, ain't it?The Spenders
Harry Leon Wilson
The healthy and the young might read a lesson on her blanched and wrinkled cheek.
He was well groomed, of course; healthy, all a-tingle with vitality.Within the Law
The silkworm-rearers are now taught to breed from healthy moths only.The Roof of France
I say, don't you know that it's not healthy to go to sleep in the middle of the day?In the Midst of Alarms
- enjoying good health
- functioning well or being soundthe company's finances are not very healthy
- conducive to health; salutary
- indicating soundness of body or minda healthy appetite
- informal considerable in size or amounta healthy sum
It is wrong to say that certain articles of food are healthy or unhealthy. Wholesome and unwholesome are the right words. A pig may be healthy or unhealthy while alive; but after he is killed and becomes pork, he can enjoy no health, and suffer no sickness. [Eliza Leslie, "Miss Leslie's Behaviour Book," Philadelphia, 1839]
- Possessing good health.
- Conducive to good health; healthful.
- Indicative of sound, rational thinking or frame of mind.