- measured or considered as being seen from the center of the sun.
- having or representing the sun as a center: the heliocentric concept of the universe.
Origin of heliocentric
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- having the sun at its centre
- measured from or in relation to the centre of the sun
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Word Origin and History for heliocentricity
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper
- Relating to or measured from the center of the Sun.
- Relating to a model of the solar system or universe having the Sun as the center. Compare geocentric. See Note at Copernicus.
The American Heritage® Science Dictionary Copyright © 2011. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.