- a noisy, rowdy, troublesome person; hellion.
Origin of heller1
- a former coin of various German states, usually equal to half a pfennig.
- a former bronze coin of Austria, the 100th part of a korona.
- haler(def 2).
Origin of heller2
- Joseph,1923–99, U.S. novelist.
Examples from the Web for heller
Contemporary Examples of heller
He shot a pilot with Heller last season for CBS called The Advocates.Ben McKenzie’s Journey From Reluctant Teen Idol on ‘The O.C.’ to Sheriff of ‘Gotham’
November 4, 2014
There, the Court expanded the Heller ruling beyond federal laws to state and local laws related to firearms.At the Supreme Court, the NRA Finally Loses One
June 17, 2014
“These are hardworking individuals who rely on these benefits,” Heller continued.
But Heller and Senate Democrats argued that Congress should extend the aid now and debate how to pay for it later.
Heller said he heard stories of people choosing to pay for gas or heat or school supplies for their kids.
Historical Examples of heller
“I will give you fifty heller apiece for a couple of them,” said Abbleway with some enthusiasm.
"This is a heller of a river," Kirby expressed his opinion forcibly.Ride Proud, Rebel!
Andre Alice Norton
Heller had been out in the swamp in front of the camp and had shot some ducks for luncheon.In Africa
John T. McCutcheon
I have never held any particular fondness for Heller for instance.Great Pianists on Piano Playing
James Francis Cooke
This here's Heller: that's Zwanziger: all of us Vons, every soul!The Short Works of George Meredith
- a monetary unit of the Czech Republic and Slovakia, worth one hundredth of a koruna
- any of various old German or Austrian coins of low denomination
Word Origin for heller
- another word for hellion
- Joseph. 1923–99, US novelist. His works include Catch 22 (1961), God Knows (1984), Picture This (1988), and Closing Time (1994)
former small coin of Austria and Germany, 1570s, from German Heller, from Middle High German haller, short for haller pfennic "penny coined in Hall" in Swabia (cf. dollar).