- Frank,1920–86, U.S. science-fiction writer.
- George,1593–1633, English clergyman and poet.
- Victor,1859–1924, U.S. composer and orchestra conductor, born in Ireland.
- a male given name: from Old English words meaning “army” and “bright.”
Examples from the Web for herbert
Contemporary Examples of herbert
Bunker, along with his brothers Herbert and Lamar, started buying silver in 1970, when it was $1.94 an ounce.The Zillionaires Who Lost Everything
October 26, 2014
That luxury store had been founded years earlier by Herbert Woolf, a relative of the British writers Leonard and Virginia.Those Kansas City Blues: A Family History
October 24, 2014
One of the reporters from New York was Herbert Bayard Swope, then of the Herald.The Stacks: H.L. Mencken on the 1904 Baltimore Fire
October 4, 2014
A man named Herbert Gilbert patented one back in 1963 that heated a nicotine solution and produced steam.This Is Your E-Cigarette on Drugs
July 28, 2014
He avoided disclosure because he told police he was Herbert Pocket, his character in Great Expectations.The Concealed Genius of Alec Guinness
June 12, 2014
Historical Examples of herbert
Manifestly, Shakespeare is thinking of Herbert and his base betrayal.
And at this time Shakespeare has suffered Herbert's betrayal.
I doubt if she had ever heard of Herbert Spencer, much less read his works.The Hunted Outlaw
Sir Herbert's principal estates were in another part of Ireland.Tales And Novels, Volume 9 (of 10)
After the family come Herbert and Elsie, your best friend the doctor's children.Bride of the Mistletoe
James Lane Allen
- Edward, 1st Baron Herbert of Cherbury. 1583–1648, English philosopher and poet, noted for his deistic views
- his brother, George . 1593–1633, English Metaphysical poet. His chief work is The Temple: Sacred Poems and Private Ejaculations (1633)
- Zbigniew (ə zˈbɪɡnɪəf), 1924–98, Polish poet and dramatist, noted esp for his dramatic monologues