- the branch of biology dealing with the study of tissues.
- the structure, especially the microscopic structure, of organic tissues.
Origin of histology
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for histologic
Historical Examples of histologic
In some instances they were found where a histologic examination of the costochondral junctions showed nothing abnormal.Scurvy Past and Present
Alfred Fabian Hess
- the study, esp the microscopic study, of the tissues of an animal or plant
- the structure of a tissue or organ
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Word Origin and History for histologic
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper
- The science concerned with the minute structure of tissues and organs in relation to their function.microanatomy
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.
- The scientific study of the microscopic structure of plant and animal tissues.
The American Heritage® Science Dictionary Copyright © 2011. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.