- the game of hurling.
- the leather-covered ball used in hurling.
- the stick used in hurling, similar to a field hockey stick but with a wide, flat blade.
- Informal. a club or cudgel.
Origin of hurley
- commotion; hurly-burly.
- British. hurley.
Origin of hurly
First recorded in 1590–1600
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- mainly British another word for hurling
- Also called: hurley stick the stick used in playing hurling
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012