- proliferation of the cells of the cornea.
- a thickening of the horny layer of the skin.
- Also called x-disease. Veterinary Pathology. a disease of cattle resulting from their physical contact with or eating of objects or food contaminated by wood preservatives or machinery lubricants containing highly chlorinated naphthalenes, characterized by thickening and hardening of the skin, abnormal secretion of tears and saliva, and diarrhea.
Origin of hyperkeratosis
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- pathol overgrowth and thickening of the outer layer of the skin
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
- Hypertrophy of the cornea or the horny layer of the skin.hyperkeratinization
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.