- having a chromosome number that is greater than but not a multiple of the diploid number.
- a hyperploid cell or organism.
Origin of hyperploid
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- biology having or relating to a chromosome number that exceeds an exact multiple of the haploid number
- Having a chromosome number greater than but not an exact multiple of the normal euploid number.
- An organism having a hyperploid chromosome number.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.