- situated under the tongue.
Origin of hypoglossal
Examples from the Web for hypoglossal
Historical Examples of hypoglossal
The motor nerve of the tongue is the ninth pair, the hypoglossal.
Some branches of the cervical plexus, and the hypoglossal nerve are also shown.
The vertebral spinal part—the region of the hypoglossal nerves.The Origin of Vertebrates
Walter Holbrook Gaskell
Just external to the foramen magnum is a small foramen for the exit of the hypoglossal nerve (figs. 44 and 45, XII).
In a median longitudinal section of the skull the hypoglossal foramen is seen, and just in front of it a small foramen for a vein.
- situated beneath the tongue
- short for hypoglossal nerve
- Of or relating to the area under the tongue.
- Of or relating to the hypoglossal nerve.