- decreased or lowered blood pressure.
- a disease or condition characterized by this symptom.
Origin of hypotension
Examples from the Web for hypotension
Historical Examples of hypotension
In pleurisy with effusion and in pericarditis with effusion there is hypotension.
Continuation of hypotension seems never to accompany improvement.
A most interesting and important condition in which hypotension occurs is pulmonary tuberculosis.
There are some persons who have hypotension, a blood pressure much below the normal.
These cases are not necessarily associated with hypertension; on the contrary there is more apt to be hypotension.
- pathol abnormally low blood pressure
- Abnormally low arterial blood pressure.hypopiesis
- Reduced pressure or tension of any kind, as of the intraocular or cerebrospinal fluids.
- Abnormally low blood pressure, especially in the arteries. Also called low blood pressure