Origin of hypothyroidism
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for hypothyroid
Guidelines were developed: hypothyroid was anyone with TSH higher than 5.Treat the Symptom, Not the Measurement
November 1, 2012
This is corroborated by a low thyroxine level of 0.6 micrograms percent, which is hypothyroid for wolves.An Experimental Translocation of the Eastern Timber Wolf
Thomas F. Weise
- insufficient production of thyroid hormones by the thyroid gland
- any disorder, such as cretinism or myxoedema, resulting from this
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
- Insufficient production of thyroid hormones.
- A pathological condition resulting from thyroid insufficiency, which may lead to cretinism or myxedema.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.
- An abnormality of the thyroid gland characterized by insufficient production of thyroid hormone, which can result in a decreased basal metabolic rate, causing weight gain and fatigue. Compare hyperthyroidism.
The American Heritage® Science Dictionary Copyright © 2011. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.