- the branch of science dealing with the components of the immune system, immunity from disease, the immune response, and immunologic techniques of analysis.
Origin of immunology
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for immunologist
As the immunologist Graham Rook is fond of saying, co-evolution invariably leads to codependence.An Epidemic of Absence: Destroying the Bugs in Our Bodies Can Be Dangerous to Our Health
September 9, 2012
But, says the immunologist, it was your parents who were sensitized and you inherited the anaphylaxis.The Treatment of Hay Fever
George Frederick Laidlaw
- the branch of biological science concerned with the study of immunity
Word Origin and History for immunologist
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper
- A specialist in immunology.
- The branch of biomedicine that is concerned with the structure and function of the immune system, innate and acquired immunity, and laboratory techniques involving the interaction of antigens with antibodies.
- The scientific study of the structure and function of the immune system.
The American Heritage® Science Dictionary Copyright © 2011. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.