- not correct as to fact; inaccurate; wrong: an incorrect statement.
- improper, unbecoming, or inappropriate: incorrect behavior; incorrect attire.
- not correct in form, use, or manner: an incorrect copy.
Origin of incorrect
Synonyms for incorrectSee more synonyms for on Thesaurus.com
Examples from the Web for incorrectness
Historical Examples of incorrectness
You can signify its correctness or incorrectness after every paragraph.The White Desert
Courtney Ryley Cooper
The incorrectness of this guess is shown by the existence as surnames of Fr.The Romance of Names
I rely on your indulgence for the length and incorrectness of this letter.
She did not pause to consider the correctness or the incorrectness of her inference.The Loyalist
James Francis Barrett
Surry, Earl of, incorrectness of the common tale regarding, II.The History of Chivalry, Volume I (of 2)
- false; wrongan incorrect calculation
- not fitting or properincorrect behaviour