- situated below some other organ.
- (of a calyx) inserted below the ovary.
- (of an ovary) having a superior calyx.
- lower in place or position; situated beneath another.
- toward the feet.Compare superior(def 9).
Origin of inferior
Related formsin·fe·ri·or·i·ty [in-feer-ee-awr-i-tee, -or-] /ɪnˌfɪər iˈɔr ɪ ti, -ˈɒr-/, nounin·fe·ri·or·ly, adverbqua·si-in·fe·ri·or, adjectivesub·in·fe·ri·or, adjective
Examples from the Web for inferiorly
It is in relation, anteriorly and inferiorly, with the posterior ulnar muscle.Artistic Anatomy of Animals|douard Cuyer
Inferiorly, a transverse incision must be made through the crico-thyreoid or crico-tracheal membrane, or lower in the trachea.
These cavities are bounded superiorly by the sphenoid and 390 ethmoid bones; inferiorly, by the hard palate.
British Dictionary definitions for inferiorly
- orbiting or occurring between the sun and the earthan inferior planet; inferior conjunction
- lying below the horizon