- the basic, underlying framework or features of a system or organization.
- the fundamental facilities and systems serving a country, city, or area, as transportation and communication systems, power plants, and schools.
- the military installations of a country.
Origin of infrastructure
SynonymsSee more synonyms for infrastructure on Thesaurus.com
1. basis, foundation, support.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for infrastructural
They must advocate for the very thing their photo ops in Amman implied, infrastructural integration and political interdependence.Israelis and Palestinians: Getting Down To Business
June 24, 2013
- the basic structure of an organization, system, etc
- the stock of fixed capital equipment in a country, including factories, roads, schools, etc, considered as a determinant of economic growth
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Word Origin and History for infrastructural
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper