- the basic, underlying framework or features of a system or organization.
- the fundamental facilities and systems serving a country, city, or area, as transportation and communication systems, power plants, and schools.
- the military installations of a country.
Origin of infrastructure
Synonyms for infrastructure
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for infrastructural
Contemporary Examples of infrastructural
They must advocate for the very thing their photo ops in Amman implied, infrastructural integration and political interdependence.Israelis and Palestinians: Getting Down To Business
June 24, 2013
- the basic structure of an organization, system, etc
- the stock of fixed capital equipment in a country, including factories, roads, schools, etc, considered as a determinant of economic growth
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper