- exposure to the sun's rays, especially as a process of treatment.
Origin of insolation1
- solar radiation received at the earth's surface.
Origin of insolation2
Related Words for insolationinsolation
Examples from the Web for insolation
Historical Examples of insolation
On the 21st of June there are therefore two maxima of insolation, one at lat.
The tropical zone has the least annual variation of insolation.
They also have the minimum amount of insolation for the whole year.
Length of the period of basking is determined not only by amounts of insolation and temperature but also by the size of the snake.
These last conditions can be readily traced to the effects of insolation and radiation near the ground.Sounding the Ocean of Air
A. Lawrence Rotch
- the quantity of solar radiation falling upon a body or planet, esp per unit area
- exposure to the sun's rays
- former name for sunstroke
- The solar radiation striking Earth or another planet.
- The rate of delivery of solar radiation per unit of horizontal surface.