- the system of institutions or organized societies devoted to public, charitable, or similar purposes.
- strong attachment to established institutions, as of religion.
- the policy or practice of using public institutions to house and care for people considered incapable of caring for themselves.
- the belief or policy that a church must maintain institutions of education, welfare, etc., for its members.
Origin of institutionalism
Examples from the Web for institutionalist
Contemporary Examples of institutionalist
McConnell is an institutionalist; he likes to keep things secret.And Now Mitch McConnell Is the ‘Pro-Woman’ Candidate!
October 20, 2014
Historical Examples of institutionalist
The Christian institutionalist is the servant of a grand idea.
Protestants have always felt their affinity with this institutionalist, mystics with this disciplinarian.
- the system of or belief in institutions