[in-ter-kur-uh nt, -kuhr-]
- intervening, as of time or events.
- Pathology. (of a disease) occurring while another disease is in progress.
Origin of intercurrent
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- occurring during or in between; intervening
- pathol (of a disease) occurring during the course of another disease
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
- Occurring in addition to and usually altering the course of another disease.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.