- intervening, as of time or events.
- Pathology. (of a disease) occurring while another disease is in progress.
Origin of intercurrent
Examples from the Web for intercurrent
Historical Examples of intercurrent
One reason, it may be, why such a conclusion is not often reached is because of intercurrent maladies.
Proceeding to its natural termination without complications or intercurrent affections, death finally occurs from exhaustion.
Although outbreaks of anxiety may be intercurrent, the dominant picture is of stupor.Benign Stupors
Though this be not every where so, the intercurrent partitions in some places being very much thicker in proportion to the holes.Micrographia
Intercurrent, in-tėr-kur′ent, adj. running between: intervening.
- occurring during or in between; intervening
- pathol (of a disease) occurring during the course of another disease
- Occurring in addition to and usually altering the course of another disease.