- within a vein.
- of, pertaining to, employed in, or administered by injection into a vein: an intravenous solution.
- an intravenous injection.
- intravenous feeding. Abbreviation: IV
Origin of intravenous
Examples from the Web for intravenous
Already there is an HIV epidemic among men who have sex with men and intravenous drug users in Egypt.Al-Sisi’s Egypt Is Worse For Gays Than The Muslim Brotherhood
June 28, 2014
An intravenous form of the drug aggravated cardiac problems and, in a few rare cases, caused sudden death.Breastfeeding Pills’ Risky Results
August 7, 2012
He loves colonics, gets Botox and intravenous vitamin injections, and is partial to black toilet paper.
I received eight rounds of intravenous chemotherapy and 25 zaps of radiation.Why Komen Let Me Down: A Breast-Cancer Survivor's Haunting Tale
February 4, 2012
Its effects would be noticeable right away, especially by intravenous users.Ambien for Coke Heads
October 26, 2009
Intravenous injections of salt solution also proved of no value.Scurvy Past and Present
Alfred Fabian Hess
I have been unable to produce the slightest arterial lesions in rabbits by intravenous injections of lead.
I have watched the maximum pressure rise within three minutes following an intravenous injection of gr.
The intravenous injection of ammonia failing to rouse her, m. xv.
The intravenous dose should not be given oftener than once in four days.
- anatomy within a veinan intravenous injection Abbreviations (esp of an injection): IV, i.v.
Word Origin and History for intravenous
- Within or administered into a vein.
- Existing or occurring within a vein.
- Administered into a vein, as an injection.
A descriptive term for things within a vein. Intravenous feeding or medication is the passing of nutrients or medicines into a vein through a tube.