- not resistible; incapable of being resisted or withstood: an irresistible impulse.
- lovable, especially calling forth feelings of protective love: an irresistible puppy.
- enticing; tempting to possess: an irresistible necklace.
- an irresistible person or thing.
Origin of irresistible
Examples from the Web for irresistibility
Historical Examples of irresistibility
They produce in us a sense of everlastingness and irresistibility.The Heart of Nature
He believed for an instant that his story had the irresistibility of love and truth.The Mesmerist's Victim
There was a swing, an air of irresistibility about them that was magnificent.How I Filmed the War
Lieut. Geoffrey H. Malins
As he looked now at her, one could almost feel the irresistibility of which he spoke.Balcony Stories
Grace E. King
To have the five-finger exercises of his irresistibility played on one.Balloons
- not able to be resisted or refused; overpoweringan irresistible impulse
- very fascinating or alluringan irresistible woman