- a drawing, diagram, or other symbol that represents a specific quantity of or other fact about the thing depicted: Every isotype of a house on that chart represents a thousand new houses.
- a statistical graph, chart, diagram, etc., that employs such symbols.
- Biology. any of two or more separate populations of the same or a similar type.
- Immunology. any antigenic determinant that is common to all individuals in a species.
Origin of isotype
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- An antigenic marker that occurs in all members of a subclass of an immunoglobulin class.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.