- of, relating to, or characteristic of Samuel Johnson or his works.
- having the quality of Johnsonese.
- a person who writes in the Johnsonian style.
- a teacher or critic who specializes in the works of Samuel Johnson.
Origin of Johnsonian
Examples from the Web for johnsonian
Historical Examples of johnsonian
And here is yet another point of the likeness to the Johnsonian coterie.Pickwickian Studies
He is severe in judgment and spells rigidly by the Johnsonian standard.Campaigns of a Non-Combatant,
George Alfred Townsend
I think, sir,' in a Johnsonian manner, 'the thought is a happy one.'Madame Midas
The tone in which the Johnsonian "Sir" was let off, left no doubt of it.
They were what may be called a "clubable race," to borrow a Johnsonian expression.The Gold Diggings of Cape Horn
John R. Spears
- of, relating to, or characteristic of Samuel Johnson, his works, or his style of writing