[puh-rohn; Spanish pe-rawn]
- E·va Duar·te de [ee-vuh dwahr-tey duh; Spanish e-vah dwahr-te th e] /ˈi və ˈdwɑr teɪ də; Spanish ˈɛ vɑ ˈdwɑr tɛ ðɛ/, 1919–52, Argentine political figure (wife of Juan Perón).
- Juan (Do·min·go) [wahn duh-ming-goh; Spanish hwahn daw-meeng-gaw] /wɑn dəˈmɪŋ goʊ; Spanish ʰwɑn dɔˈmiŋ gɔ/, 1895–1974, Argentine military and political leader: president 1946–55, 1973–74.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- Juan Domingo (xwan doˈmɪnɡo). 1895–1974, Argentine soldier and statesman; dictator (1946–55). He was deposed in 1955, remaining in exile until 1973, when he was elected president (1973–74)
- his third wife, María Estella (maˈria esˈteʎa), known as Isabel. born 1931, president of Argentina (1974–76); deposed
- (María) Eva (Duarte) de Perón (ˈeβa), known as Evita. Second wife of Juan Domingo Perón. 1919–52, Argentine film actress: active in politics and social welfare (1946–52)